It is hard for me, but I know it is better for you.
Enjoy your reunion with your family.
Tell them I’m looking forward to seeing them too.
Watch over the little ones until they come.
Then let them remind me of you.
Watch over me.
Help me live a life you will be proud of.
Save me a seat.
Better yet, make me the best seat in the house.
I will keep track of Grandma for you.
I will hold her hand whenever we are walking together.
I will help keep your girls in line.
You taught all of us how to give them a hard time.
I will always have your chair.
No one will ever sit in it though.
I will keep a garden full of peas and zucchini.
I will make a loaf of bread for you.
I’m looking forward to racing you again,
but until then I’m missing you.
Good bye for now Grandpa.
It is hard for me, but I know it is better for you.
4 comments:
What a sweet tribute, Katie. :)
Beautiful. You always were a great writer. :) I love how you captured your feelings.
Very nice Katie. Makes me smile. :) Love you grandpa!
Katie I love that poem about your grandpa! That is the sweetest thing ever, it is so hard to lose a grandparent.
Post a Comment