July 13, 2008

Pictures from Mexico

Okay, I finally have a second to update. And, I'm going to be the first to post about Mexico because we all know that Emily is a bigger slacker than me! Just kidding, Em.
It definitely was an adventure. Robert didn't make it on the flight on the way down, so he showed up a day later than the rest of us. We just spent the day at the beach while we waited for him. The next day we went to Isla Mujeres. We took a boat ride that took us out to the island, around it, and snorkeling off the coast. My mom HATED the idea of riding the boat, but we made her go anyway. The "boat captain" brought food out to feed the fish, and so many came up when he would do that.
We went to two different Mayan ruins, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam. I liked Ek Balam better because you could climb up the ruins and see inside of them. It was way cool. It poured the day we were there, and we were soaked instantly. We took a tour of the sites from an LDS tour guide. It was way cool because he was able to connect things to the Book of Mormon. It was crazy being there and pretending we were Nephites or Lamanites.
We also went to Xcaret, which is basically a water park on the beach. We went down an underground river, snorkeled in the ocean, and watched a show depicting the history of Mexico.
In our free time, we hung out at the beach and pool. Our hotel was right on the beach, plus it had a ton of pools, plus each room had its own little "hot tub" that had cool water in it. That was a great place for the kids to play.
On the way back to the States, our buddy passes got cancelled, but we managed to get on another flight. Like I said, it was an adventure. I've put up two slideshows, one with pictures of the ruins and one with the rest of the pictures. That way it's not so long. I hope you enjoy them.


4 comments:

grandmaloly said...

This is your moms cousin Lola,looks like you guys had a great time.

Mandyyyyyy said...

So were you the lamenite katie?? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun, I must say that I am jealous, I want to go on an adventure so bad my heart aches. :) Guess thats what school does to you. HEHE Miss you guys.

Emily said...

Now, just remember I've been gone since we got home from Mexico. I got all the picuters done, so hopefully soon. (haha) Looks good!

Rachel said...

Looks like so much fun! We want to go there next year. You'll have to give us all the info of where to go and what to see.